Web push notifications are clickable messages that are displayed at the top of the user’s desktop. They can be shown even when the user’s browser is not open.
Web push notifications are a new marketing channel to re-engage your site visitors without knowing their email or other contact details. Allow you to automatically notify your audience when you have published new content on your site or when you have a new offer or important updates.
When a person comes along to your website they will see a little bell icon which they can click to subscribe to new posts. They will get a notification every time you add something new to your website.
Web push notifications benefits:
drawing user attention even when they're offsite
stay in front of your customers even after they leave your site
it is more visible then email - studies have shown that notifications have 30x conversion rate over email
increase your website traffic
increase engagement with your audience
increase return visitors
it helps increase the sales for e-commerce sites
increase your site user loyalty rate
send instant browser notifications to your subscribers’ phones
easier to subscribe for your users
high click-through rate
|Plugin||Compatibility browsers||Compatible devices||Price|
|One Signal||Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Firefox||Desktop (Windows PC, macOS) & Mobile (Android, iPhone (iOS)||
|PushAssist||Chrome, Firefox, and Safari||Desktop & Mobile( Windows & Android OS)||
|SendPulse||Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera||Desktop (Mac OS, Windows, Linux) & Mobile (Android, iOS)||
One Signal Web Push Notification WordPress Plugin
- Send messages through desktop, mobile browsers
- Automatic Notifications
- Target Right Audience – custom segments you can get better CTR, meaningful engagement and high conversions
- Re-engage Users
- Intelligent Delivery – Leverage machine learning to send your messages at the optimal time
- Automated Messaging – You can trigger notifications based on user behavior
- Real-Time Reporting – View delivery and conversion performance for every message
- Superior Segmentation – Create personalized messages and send them to the right audiences
- Opt-In Customization
- A/B Testing – Compare message performance and automatically send the best
- Scheduled Notifications
- It’s a free plugin
PushAssist WordPress Plugin
- Easy to Setup
- Multi-Device Support
- Real-Time Tracking – Monitor the behavior of your users
- Send notification to a particular set of audience based on location, interest
- Schedule push campaigns
- Personalization – deliver individualized messages
- Multi-Channel Messaging
- Collect Customer Data
- Easily inform, persuade & remind potential customers about your website and products you offer
- HTTP & HTTPS Support
- Integrated Analytics
- PushAssist offers full baggage of tools for A/B testing, deep links, referral programs, re-engagement or recurring campaigns.
SendPulse WordPress Plugin
- Custom subscription requests – You can choose the look of the subscription request and time when you want to show it.
- create automatic notifications based on RSS feeds
- You can also segment your subscribers by their location or other details.
- А/В testing – Test different versions of a notification to see which one strikes a chord with your audience
- Offline notifications – Users will see your notification as soon as they come online
- all its features are completely free
- set up automatic messaging when certain conditions are met
- Real-Time Stats: See your notifications being delivered in real-time, geography stats, open and click rates and more
I have over 10 years experience in building plugins and themes for WordPress and other platforms.
Contact me if you have plugins that you want me to check before you insert them in your website. I will be happy to check them for security and speed.
Latest posts by John Darrel
- WordPress Security Plugins – Best Options For 2020 - January 29, 2020
- Top 3 Push Notification Plugins for WordPress - August 28, 2019
- Customize the WP-Content Directory in WordPress - July 16, 2019